ATLANTA, April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As this week's storms mark the unofficial start of the spring and summer severe weather season, Georgia Power is reminding customers to stay safe and informed by visiting the company's online Storm Center at www.GeorgiaPower.com.
The online Storm Center, also available via the company's recently upgraded mobile website at GeorgiaPower.com, allows customers to instantly report an outage, check the status of an outage, and find helpful tips and important information about severe weather. Resources are easily located in sections dedicated to "Before," "During" and "After" a storm.
Sample information from the Storm Center includes:
- Before a Storm: Charge your cell phone before severe weather hits. Landline phones, especially cordless models, are often affected by power outages.
- During a Storm: Don't take a chance by going out into bad weather. Check your mobile phone, radio or television for updates and stay inside until the threat has passed.
- After a Storm: Never pull tree limbs, telephone or cable lines off of power lines yourself or attempt to move a downed power line. Call (888) 891-0938 to report a downed line or contact your local authorities or dial 911.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV