NEW YORK, April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Weber Shandwick announced today that Jane Barandes has joined the firm as general manager and co-Lead for the firm's fast-growing New York digital operation. In her new position she will work with Jason Wellcome, executive vice president and general manager of the firm's Mediaco unit, to continue to scale as well as diversify the firm's digital offerings. New York is one of the firm's thriving digital centers, encompassing digital strategy, experience design, content strategy and orchestration, social campaigns, community management, and more. She will report to Chris Perry, president of digital and Joy Farber Kolo, deputy general manager of the firm's New York office.
With more than 18 years of experience, Barandes is an accomplished digital agency leader, beginning her career in San Francisco in the early 90s. Most recently she served as 360i's New York managing director. Prior to that she was senior vice president of marketing at Publicis Modem, where she co-managed the General Mills business, while also driving all digital efforts for the Pillsbury brand.
"Jane has an amazing track record developing digital agency competencies, as well as strong client and team leadership talent uniquely suited for today's dynamic media and marketing environment," said Chris Perry, president, Digital for Weber Shandwick. "Her experience combining digital business strategy with social campaigning and content management expertise will be instrumental in driving client programs as well as our future offerings.
On the heels of the recent launch of the Weber Shandwick's content marketing unit, Mediaco, the firm continues to add a range of talent from editors, writers, and brand planners to user experience designers, SEO experts, media planners and producers. In addition to Barandes, the firm has recently added the following to the staff mix in New York:
- Brooke Tarnoff as editorial director. She joined the firm from MTV Networks, where she was senior digital editor overseeing editorial for NextMovie.com. Prior to joining MTV, Tarnoff oversaw editorial duties at AOL Entertainment and Hearst Interactive.
- Hamilton Tamayo as associate creative director. He joins from Digitas where he was an associate creative director on the digital innovation team responsible for helping identify and create new digital brand experiences in channels such as mobile, tablet and IPTV for clients.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts