Energy Efficient Lighting For Commercial Markets - LED Lighting Adoption And Global Outlook For LED, Fluorescent, Halogen, And HID Lamps And Luminaires In Commercial Buildings: Market Analysis And Forecasts
Key Questions Addressed:
• What are the key drivers encouraging the rapid adoption of LED lighting?• How are established and startup lighting companies positioning themselves for success in this changing market?• How will the installed base of lighting in commercial buildings shift over the coming decade?• What factors influence lighting decisions in different commercial building types and different regions of the world?• Which countries have laws and regulations that encourage the use of energy-efficient lighting?• What is the outlook for lamps and luminaires in each world geographic region?• What technology trends may impact the future of the lighting market?
Who needs this report?
• Lamp and luminaire vendors• Commercial building owners and managers• Energy service companies (ESCOs)• Utilities• Standards development organizations• Government agencies and policymakers• Industry associations• Investor communityTable of Contents 1. Executive Summary 1.1 Introduction1.2 Key Market Drivers1.3 Market Overview1.4 Forecast Highlights 2. Market Issues 2.1 Market Overview2.2 Considerations by Commercial Building Types2.2.1 Office2.2.2 Retail2.2.3 Education2.2.4 Healthcare2.2.5 Hotels & Restaurants2.2.6 Institutional/Assembly2.2.7 Warehouse2.2.8 Transport2.3 Market Drivers2.3.1 Falling LED Costs2.3.2 Energy Codes2.3.3 Incandescent Phaseout2.3.4 Product Certifications126.96.36.199 Illuminating Engineering Society of North America (IESNA)188.8.131.52 Zhaga Consortium Interface Specifications184.108.40.206 DesignLights Consortium (DLC)220.127.116.11 ENERGY STAR18.104.22.168 Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International (SEMI)2.3.5 Green Building Certifications2.3.6 Electricity Costs2.3.7 Rebates and Incentives2.3.8 Improved Controllability2.3.9 R&D Focus2.4 Market Barriers and Challenges2.4.1 Financial Barriers2.4.2 Customer Mistrust/Perception of Quality2.4.3 Construction Market Uncertainties2.4.4 Engineering Challenges2.4.5 Underwriters Laboratories (UL) Certification2.5 Cost Drivers2.5.1 Policy Influences2.5.2 Supply Influences2.5.3 LED Cost Reductions2.5.4 Cost per Lamp2.6 Drivers and Trends by Geography2.6.1 United States2.6.2 Canada2.6.3 Europe22.214.171.124 Germany126.96.36.199 United Kingdom188.8.131.52 France2.6.4 Asia Pacific184.108.40.206 Japan220.127.116.11 Australia18.104.22.168 China22.214.171.124 South Korea2.6.5 Latin America126.96.36.199 Brazil2.6.6 Middle East & Africa188.8.131.52 South Africa 3. Technology Issues 3.1 Technical Definitions and Measures of Efficiency3.1.1 Efficacy, Efficiency, and Coefficient of Utilization3.1.2 Application Efficiency3.1.3 Lamp Life3.1.4 Color Rendering Index, R9, and Color Consistency3.1.5 Pupil Lumens3.1.6 Ambient and Device Temperature Effects184.108.40.206 Fluorescents and Low Temperatures220.127.116.11 LEDs and High Temperatures3.2 State of Efficient Light Sources3.2.1 Linear Fluorescent3.2.2 Compact Fluorescent Lamps3.2.3 Induction3.2.4 High-Intensity Discharge3.2.5 Light-Emitting Diodes18.104.22.168 Substrate Issues22.214.171.124.1. Sapphire126.96.36.199.2. Silicon Carbide188.8.131.52.3. Silicon184.108.40.206.4. Gallium Nitride3.2.6 Organic Light-Emitting Diodes3.3 Technology Trends3.3.1 Task/Ambient Lighting3.3.2 Flexible, Integrated Lighting3.3.3 DC Power Distribution3.3.4 Integrated LED Lamp/Luminaire3.3.5 Tunable Color3.3.6 Phosphor-Free LEDs3.3.7 Lighting Controls
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts