Toron Investment Management, AMI Partners To Combine Forces: Pre-eminent Independent Firm Offers Enhanced Capabilities In Canadian And Global Markets
TORONTO, April 11, 2013 /CNW/ - Toron Investment Management and AMI Partners have agreed to combine to create a pre-eminent, privately-owned Canadian investment management firm with unique expertise and top-tier track records in global and domestic investing. The firm, once unified, will serve clients who have entrusted more than $3.5 billion of assets in Canadian and global mandates.
The combined firm will operate as Toron Asset Management International (Toron AMI), will be based in Toronto, and will continue to serve clients in Canada and abroad. Toron AMI's professionals will be shareholders and the firm will operate as a partnership.
Founded more than 50 years ago, AMI specializes in Canadian equity, fixed-income and balanced mandates for institutional clients. Toron Investment Management began operating 25 years ago as a risk management consultancy; for the past 15 years it has focused on global investment management, serving a growing client base of private clients and select institutions.
"This combination brings proven Canadian and global investment expertise and capabilities for institutional and private clients under one roof, while maintaining the relationships and investment styles that clients expect from us," says Toron CEO & Managing Partner Arthur Heinmaa.Toron AMI unifies complementary strengths: Canadian and global equities selected exclusively through proprietary research for private and institutional clients. Toron AMI will have a broader and deeper base of investment thought and talent and will be able to expand its offerings and services by pooling its expertise and offering a wider spectrum of mandates. "Both firms share important values - including excellent proprietary research capabilities that will be further leveraged for the benefit of clients. Together we offer the combination of philosophy, people and prudence clients expect and the service excellence they deserve," says AMI Partners CEO Ron Patton. Toron AMI unifies its professionals around five shared qualities and values:
- Proprietary research - our competitive advantage
- Structured and repeatable investment processes - ensures consistency and discipline
- Embedded risk management expertise - prudent approaches to protecting capital
- Team-driven investment management - continuity of process, long-term approach
- Clients first - independence aligns Toron AMI's interests with those of its clients.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV