Home Hardware Stores Limited Celebrates Its Centennial Market
"A Good Business Plan Never Goes Out of Style" the theme for this important milestone
ST. JACOBS, ON, April 11, 2013 /CNW/ - One of Canada's Best Managed Company's proves that 'a good business plan never goes out of style' as Home Hardware Stores Limited celebrates its 100 th Market from April 14 to 16. Bringing together the massive purchasing power of close to 1,100 stores from across Canada, this year's Market is built around the strong tradition of supporting independent retailers, which started 49 years ago in St. Jacobs.
Held twice annually, Home Hardware's Markets are a showcase for the company's extensive selection of products and the latest trends in home improvement. Dealer-Owners have the opportunity to explore Home Hardware's systems, services and training designed to assist them in growing and developing their business.
In addition to purchasing opportunities, the Spring Market will feature presentations from special guest speakers, including Paul Straus, Food Network star and Home Hardware's Kitchen Expert Anna Olson, and renowned leadership expert Stephen M.R. Covey.Twice a year, the Kitchener-Waterloo community rolls out the red carpet for more than 10,000 Dealer-Owners, staff, suppliers and guests. Over the past 20 years, Home Hardware Markets have generated an estimated $13M for this region. During the Market, visitors occupy more than 3,000 hotel rooms and the region has become so well regarded that many Dealers now bring their families to the area for an extended stay. For its contribution to the region, Home Hardware was awarded the first ever Corporate Tourism Ambassador Award from the Waterloo Regional Tourism Marketing Corporation. QUOTES: "In February, Home Hardware was named one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and in 2012 we were ranked one of Canada's Most Valuable Brands. This celebration of our 100 th Market is the result of our commitment to always putting the Dealer at the forefront of everything we do." "Dealer-Owners from coast to coast reap the benefits of being part of the Home team. The collective buying power of our network ensures that regardless of size or location, all stores are able to provide competitive pricing, high quality products and the superior customer service that Home is known for, while at the same time, operating as independent entrepreneurs. This is truly the best of both worlds."
- Paul Straus, President and CEO, Home Hardware Stores Limited
- Monday, April 15, 8:00 a.m. - Guest Speaker - Paul Straus, President and CEO, Home Hardware Stores Limited will share how a strong business plan never goes out of style and take the audience on a journey of the highlights of the past 100 Markets.
- Monday, April 15, 10:00 a.m. - Distribution Centre Tour - A tour of Home Hardware's industry leading Distribution Centre.
- Tuesday, April 16, 8:00 a.m. - Keynote Speaker - Stephen M.R. Covey, the Founder of FranklinCovey. A world renowned provider of time management and leadership training, and the author of 'The Speed of Trust' shares his philosophies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV