VAN BUREN TOWNSHIP, Mich., April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Visteon Corporation (NYSE: VC) will be represented by two of its businesses in technical sessions at the SAE 2013 World Congress, April 16-18 at Cobo Center in Detroit. Visteon Electronics and Halla Visteon Climate Control Corp. (HVCC) experts will present technologies in the categories of Electronics and Emissions/Environment/Sustainability.
In the Electronics sessions, Visteon product experts will present technical papers that address in-vehicle automatic volume leveling and techniques for ensuring audio signal quality in infotainment systems. Another paper details a case study using audio infotainment systems to gain visibility control over final project releases. The final presentation in this category will cover situations in which real-time traffic information can reduce fuel consumption.
The Emissions/Environment/Sustainability session includes a joint paper by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory and HVCC that details a new automotive air conditioning system simulation tool. The final two presentations will be delivered by HVCC refrigerant systems engineer Yinhua Zheng, who will discuss vehicle air conditioning system durability and compressor warranty concerns, and compressor body temperature and lubrication.Below in chronological order are the scheduled presentations by the Visteon family of businesses at the SAE 2013 World Congress. Tuesday, April 16
- "Assessment of Automatic Volume Leveling for Automotive Sound Systems," Robert Cadena, technical fellow; and Husein Dakroub, electrical design engineer – Visteon Corporation – 10:10 a.m., Room D0-04AB.
- "Ensuring Audio Signal Quality in Automotive Infotainment Systems," Bill Whikehart, technical fellow – Visteon Corporation – 10:30 a.m., Room D0-04AB.
- "Gaining Visibility Control over Final Project Releases: A Case Study Using Audio Infotainment Systems," Joao Silva, Ph.D., technical fellow – Visteon Corporation – 1 p.m., Room D0-06B.
- Oral presentation only: "An Estimation of the Fuel Consumption Reduction from Real-Time Traffic Information," Richard Zerod, technical fellow – Visteon Corporation – 1 p.m., Room D0-04AB.
- "A New Automotive Air Conditioning System Simulation Tool Developed in MATLAB/Simulink," Tibor Kiss and Lawrence Chaney, National Renewable Energy Laboratory; and John Meyer, Ph.D., technical fellow – Halla Visteon Climate Control Corp. – 2 p.m., Room O2-38.
- "Vehicle Air Conditioning System Durability and Compressor Warranty Concern Chance," Yinhua Zheng, refrigerant systems engineer – Halla Visteon Climate Control Corp. – 11:20 a.m., Room O2-38.
- "Compressor Body Temperature and Lubrication," Yinhua Zheng, refrigerant systems engineer – Halla Visteon Climate Control Corp. – 3:20 p.m., Room O2-37.
- Halla Visteon Climate Control, majority-owned by Visteon and the world's second largest global supplier of automotive climate components and systems.
- Visteon Electronics, a leading supplier of audio and infotainment, driver information, center stack electronics and feature control modules.
- Visteon Interiors, a global provider of vehicle cockpit modules, instrument panels, consoles and door trim modules.
- Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd., a successful China-based partnership between Visteon and Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation's automotive components group, Huayu Automotive Systems.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV