Stocks Open Mixed After Three Days Of Gains
NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ Stock indexes are little changed in early trading on Wall Street after three days of gains.
The Dow Jones industrial average was moving between small gains and losses in early trading. As of 9:49 a.m. it was up 15 at 14,818. It jumped 128 points the day before.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index was up a point at 1,589.
The technology-heavy Nasdaq composite index fell three points to 3,294.Technology shares had surged the day before on optimism that businesses would step up spending, The Labor Department reported the number of Americans seeking unemployment benefits fell sharply last week. Bed Bath & Beyond rose 3.3 percent to $67.69 after the company reported a 7 percent increase in profits.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV