April 11, 2013
/PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Technology Council of
, the statewide trade association representing
's technology industry, held its 21
Annual PA Tech Awards Celebration at the Hershey Lodge and Convention Center Tuesday evening. This annual event honors
's leading technology companies, professionals, entrepreneurs and educators.
Winners in eight categories were announced during the program:
- Innovation Company of the Year: GL Noble Denton - Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
- Technology Educator of the Year, K-12 Category: Mr. David Zinn - Southwestern School District
- Technology Educator of the Year, Post-Secondary Category: Mr. Chuck Davis - Harrisburg University
- Start-Up Company of the Year: Red Privet, LLC - Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Technology Provider of the Year: Concurrent Technology Corporation - Johnstown, Pennsylvania
- Public Service Innovator of the Year: Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry
- Technology Company of the Year: WebPageFX - Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- Technology Leader of the Year: Mr. Ken Moscone, CEO QBC Diagnostics - Port Matilda, Pennsylvania
"Innovation has long been a keystone of
's economic vitality and the Commonwealth has myriad leading companies and individuals who deserve recognition for their significant accomplishments," said
, President and CEO of the Technology Council of
. "We had more than 75 companies nominated in the eight categories, so the judges had a very difficult time picking winners from so many great submissions," added Bonsick. "And, the diversity of the winners – everything from web design companies to medical and defense technologies -- really demonstrates the tremendous scope and breadth of the Commonwealth's technology industry."
The evening's events also included a technology showcase where nearly two-dozen exhibitors showed off what is new and hot in the world of technology and a keynote address on "building and innovation economy" by Dr.
Robert D. Atkinson
, President of the Information Technology and Innovation Foundation. "So, regardless of who actual won awards, the entire technology industry is able to take one night out of the year to celebrate its accomplishments and achievements," continued Bonsick. "And that is what the PA Tech Awards Celebration is all about."
About The Technology Council of Pennsylvania
The Technology Council of Pennsylvania is the Harrisburg-based trade association dedicated to growing and developing the Commonwealth's technology industry. In pursuit of this mission and in support of our membership, we offer a variety of programs and events focused on marketing, networking, education, workforce development, member discounts and public policy. As the only statewide trade association representing Pennsylvania's technology industry, the Council plays a vital role in advancing the technology agenda in the Commonwealth while serving the n
of its diverse membership. The Council's proven track record has assisted thousands of technology companies and individuals grow and succeed in Pennsylvania.
David F. Bonsick
SOURCE Technology Council of