Lightbank-Funded SunnyBump Helps New And Expecting Parents Discover The Best Products
CHICAGO, April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sippy cups, strollers, and diaper bags... oh my! New and expecting parents are faced with an endless, often overwhelming stream of purchasing decisions – even before baby is born.
Enter SunnyBump, the fun new social community designed to help parents quickly and easily navigate the ever-expanding world of baby-related products. Backed by Lightbank, the venture capital fund behind Groupon, SunnyBump connects new and veteran parents, baby experts and leading manufacturers in one sunny spot to discover and share the best and brightest baby gear on the market – all with just a few clicks of the mouse.
"As a new dad, I discovered firsthand how overwhelming shopping for baby products can be," said Lou Goldhaber, Co-Founder, SunnyBump. "I was inspired to help simplify the process and to make the experience a more enjoyable one for other parents just like me. With SunnyBump, users can easily access product recommendations from trusted resources, like experienced moms and dads or leading baby experts, and explore the world of baby gear in a fun and relaxed environment."Dedicated exclusively to serving the parenting community, SunnyBump provides moms and dads with a visually appealing, user-friendly platform to discover and exchange information on pregnancy, baby, and parenting products. Since the site's launch in early 2013, over 100,000 parents and experts have used SunnyBump to find and share product information. User-curated collections feature a wide assortment of products, ranging from the handmade knitwear and offbeat onesies typically found in independent boutiques to the cribs and strollers produced and sold by leading, high-end manufacturers. Collections range from "Best Maternity Leggings" and "Products for Breastfeeding Success" to "Top Daddy Diaper Bags" and "Gear for the Green Parent." On SunnyBump, parents can:
- Discover the best gear. Search by product type or browse other moms' or experts' product collections to find a wide range of information, such as which baby bottle really helps alleviate colic, which stroller truly snaps shut with a single hand and which ballet flats are a must have for running errands in comfort and style.
- Bump your favorite items to share your product opinions with others or create a registry list. "Bumping" – SunnyBump's term for selecting and grouping a product into a user's personal, categorized collection – allows parents to archive favorite products and ideas all in one place. Bump your favorite items into a themed collection to share your personal recommendations with other moms, showcase your expertise in a particular area of interest, create a "wish list" or registry of products, or design inspiration boards.
- Share your recommendations with a simple click. SunnyBump lets parents share their collections via email, Facebook and Twitter with one simple click. The site even allows parents to embed their SunnyBump collections on their personal blogs through a unique, easy-to-use "widget" feature.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV