Europe's Steel Industry Cites Oversupply, Slow Economy As Greatest Challenges
"Steel consuming sectors are taking a dual hit – continued poor consumer and business confidence and financial constraints – which together are subduing spending and capital investment," explained Millbank, who reviewed the survey results and will chair the upcoming Platts Steel Markets Europe Conference.
These and other topics will be discussed in depth at the two-day Platts Steel Markets Europe Conference , where top executives from the European Commission, World Steel Association, Eurofer, Dillinger Hutte and Essar Steel India and others will present their views on the latest trends and developments in the European steel market. See the full conference agenda for details.
Corporate and industry executives may register to attend the Platts Steel Markets Europe Conference at the general registration link. Accredited media may attend the conference as guests of Platts by pre-registering at this link.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV