PRINCETON, N.J., April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Omthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc., an emerging specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of new therapies for abnormalities in blood lipids, referred to as dyslipidemia, today announced the pricing of its initial public offering of 8,000,000 shares of its common stock at $8.00 per share. In addition, the underwriters have been granted a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 1,200,000 shares of common stock. The shares of Omthera's common stock will trade on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol "OMTH" beginning on April 11, 2013. All shares of common stock were offered by Omthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
BofA Merrill Lynch, Barclays and Leerink Swann acted as joint book-running managers for the offering; Stifel and Piper Jaffray served as co-managers.
A registration statement relating to these securities was declared effective by the Securities and Exchange Commission on April 11, 2013. The offering will be made only by means of a prospectus, copies of which may be obtained from: BofA Merrill Lynch, 222 Broadway, New York, NY 10038, Attn: Prospectus Department, or via email, at firstname.lastname@example.org, from Barclays, c/o Broadridge Financial Solutions, 1155 Long Island Avenue, Edgewood, New York 11717, by calling (888) 603-5847, or by emailing email@example.com, or from Leerink Swann, Attention: Syndicate Department, One Federal Street, 37th Floor, Boston, MA 02110, or by calling (800) 808-7525 ext. 4814.
This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state or other jurisdiction in which such an offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or other jurisdiction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV