HOPKINTON, Mass., April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC) today announced that TWM Solicitors LLP, a mid-sized law firm based in the UK, has chosen EMC ® technologies to transform its IT infrastructure, power its virtualization strategy and better support its commercial and private law services. TWM Solicitors has selected EMC VNX® unified storage with EMC Total Protection Pack to consolidate and transform its storage infrastructure and help effectively manage its mission-critical applications, such as Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, IRIS practice management solutions, BigHand and CRM. TWM Solicitors is also using VMware ® vSphere ™ for its 95% VMware virtualized infrastructure.
- Increased Performance and Efficiency — With EMC VNX, TWM Solicitors has increased storage utilization by 200% and improved the speed and responsiveness of its operations and customer service .
- Significant Cost Savings — TWM Solicitors has reduced power and cooling demands while lowering CAPEX and OPEX costs, achieving a cost savings of £15,000 per year
- Improved Data Protection — TWM Solicitors has lowered its recovery time by 99%, recovering critical applications, such as Exchange, in just a few minutes with EMC RecoverPoint ™, instead of up to 48 hours with its previous solution.
- Streamlined Administration — TWM Solicitors has simplified the management of its mission-critical applications with VNX, reducing time to deliver new IT resources to internal users with approximately 96% faster deployment of new servers.
- Increased Data Availability — With VNX and VMware vSphere, TWM Solicitors is able to efficiently manage its infrastructure and perform system maintenance without any service interruption to its client services.
Customer Challenges and Solutions
TWM Solicitors' legacy Dell storage environment was no longer providing adequate capacity and system performance, and the firm's IT department experienced difficulties meeting the growing needs of its internal users. To better support its customer service and ongoing virtualization program, TWM Solicitors needed a storage solution that could provide increased system performance, cost-savings and the flexibility to support anticipated growth.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts