SAN FRANCISCO, April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- "Design with a Conscience" panel brings together leading architects, innovators and automotive designers to push the boundaries of sustainable design
- Ford is collaborating with the American Institute of Architects (AIA) San Francisco Chapter to discuss common design trends between cars and buildings
- Vehicles and buildings are increasingly expected to be stylish, sustainable and affordable
Sleekly fashioned from steel and glass and carefully designed from sustainable materials, today's buildings are judged on exterior aesthetics as much as interior function. They have much in common, then, with today's automobiles, designed to be sustainable, efficient high-tech works of art.
Ford Motor Company today joins the American Institute of Architects (AIA) San Francisco Chapter to discuss how the two industries are moving in parallel, interpreting similar trends and learning from each other.
"Design with a Conscience," a luncheon panel hosted by Ford and AIA San Francisco, features automotive design experts and San Francisco-based architects and innovators who will discuss how societal trends inspire and influence both the architectural and automotive industries."As a car designer, our goal is to create a car that has a timeless style and yet operates functionally the way the customer needs it to," said Freeman Thomas, director, Strategic Design, Ford Motor Company. "A car is more than just a pragmatic choice, and it's the design that makes a difference, creating an emotional connection with the customer." Whether a building or a car, the emotional connection customers feel comes from an instantaneous, positive response to the design along with a sense of responsibility, Thomas said. "Consumers want more than something that just looks good – they also want to feel like they are doing the right thing when they make a purchase," he said. "The Ford Fusion Energi is a testament to that, combining unprecedented style with an outstanding sustainable resume."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV