SAN JOSE, Calif., April 11, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Firsthand Technology Value Fund, Inc. (Nasdaq:SVVC) (the "Fund"), a publicly-traded venture capital fund that invests in technology and cleantech companies, disclosed today that its top five holdings as of March 31, 2013 were Twitter, Facebook, SolarCity, Silicon Genesis, and QMAT.
- Twitter, Inc. is an online social networking service that lets users send and receive 140-character messages ("tweets"). As of March 31, 2013, the Fund's investment in Twitter consisted of 194,000 shares of preferred stock and 812,200 shares of common stock and represented approximately 9.2% of the Fund's gross assets.
- Facebook, Inc. (Nasdaq:FB) is an online social networking service with more than 1 billion monthly active users worldwide. As of March 31, 2013, the Fund's investment in Facebook consisted of 600,000 shares of common stock and represented approximately 7.7% of the Fund's gross assets.
- SolarCity Corp. (Nasdaq:SCTY) is a leading installer of commercial and residential solar photovoltaic systems. As of March 31, 2013, the Fund's investment in SolarCity consisted of 426,300 shares of common stock and represented approximately 3.6% of the Fund's gross assets.
- Silicon Genesis Corp. is a developer of layer transfer technology for the semiconductor and solar industries. As of March 31, 2013, Silicon Genesis securities represented approximately 3.1% of the Fund's gross assets and consisted of approximately 8.5 million shares of preferred and common stock, various debt securities, and warrants to purchase additional common and preferred stock.
- QMAT is developing advanced materials technologies for applications in the electronics industry. As of March 31, 2013, the Fund's investment in QMAT consisted of 6 million shares of preferred stock plus warrants to purchase additional shares, and represented approximately 3.0% of the Fund's gross assets.
The Fund also announced that, as of March 31, 2013 preliminary gross assets of the Fund were approximately $200 million, or $23.38 per share, including cash of approximately $15.77 per share. As of that date, the Fund's top five holdings constituted 26.6% of the Fund's gross assets. Complete financial statements and a detailed schedule of investments will be made available with the Fund's quarterly report filing on Form 10-Q in May 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV