U.S. Hospital Revenue Cycle Management
1. The healthcare industry is in a state of dramatic transition and transformation that impacts every segment of the market.2. Hospitals are increasingly struggling with financial constraints that threaten to grow worse with time.3. Many currently installed RCM systems have clumsy and outmoded technology platforms that must be replaced.4. Legacy vendors serving the hospital RCM market have failed to innovate, opening the door for new market entrants.5. The distinction between applications and services will continue to blur as vendors add new capacities to address diverse and growing customer needs.
Definitions and Scope of Study
This Study Pertains to the Following Region:• The United States• Over the period:- Base year—2012- Forecast period—2013 to 2017 Products Included in Study • Proprietary software applications that comprise core platform and point solutions used to manage various components of the patient revenue cycle process in non-federal short-term general and other special hospitals. • Software applications encompassing a variety of technology approaches including installed client/server systems, Web-hosted solutions, and software as a service (SaaS) are included in the analysis. • The study also covers consulting and outsourcing services that hospitals use in conjunction with various aspects of managing the patient revenue cycle. Products Not Included in Study • Software applications and related services used to manage the patient revenue cycle in ambulatory settings (physician offices), nursing homes, managed care organizations, long-term care facilities, or other non-hospital care settings. Key Issues this Study will Address • What does the hospital revenue cycle management (RCM) process entail, and what are the key products and solutions utilized?• What drives the current need for hospitals to adopt new RCM technology solutions and related services?• What is the current penetration of core platform solutions, and who are the leading vendors providing these solutions?• What are some of the new functionalities that hospitals look for in next-generation RCM? • What is the expected revenue for the total hospital RCM market and key market segments over the next five years?• How will key macro trends impact the market over the next five years?
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts