- Single-mode InP laser and receiver capability will strengthen Avago's portfolio for next-generation 40G and 100G Enterprise and Data Center markets
- Conference call to discuss the transaction is scheduled for Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 5pm EDT
SAN JOSE, Calif., SINGAPORE, and LEHIGH VALLEY, Pa., April 11, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avago Technologies Limited (Nasdaq:AVGO), a leading supplier of analog interface components for communications, industrial and consumer applications, today announced the execution of a definitive agreement to acquire CyOptics, Inc., a leader in Indium Phosphide (InP) optical chip and component technologies for the data communications and telecommunications markets, for an aggregate acquisition price of approximately US$400 million in cash.
Avago believes the acquisition of CyOptics will strengthen Avago's fiber optics product portfolio for emerging 40G and 100G enterprise and data center applications. CyOptics' single-mode InP laser, receiver and photonics integration capability will help extend Avago's technology leadership position in these applications. Avago's optical transceiver products primarily leverage VCSEL-based technology today. In addition, the acquisition of CyOptics will facilitate Avago's establishment of a complementary optical components business, not only to serve growing segments of the access, metro and long-haul markets, but also for enterprise and data center segments.
CyOptics designs, fabricates and packages a broad portfolio of optical component products across enterprise, data center, access, metro and long-haul market segments. CyOptics' optical components are integrated into optical transceivers, transponders and line cards. Leveraging its Bell Labs and Lucent heritage, CyOptics has built a broad product portfolio and a customer base that includes the leading module and system OEMs. CyOptics revenue has more than tripled over the past three years. During calendar year 2012, CyOptics net sales were approximately $210 million, up 21% from 2011."We believe CyOptics' leading InP technology and optical manufacturing capability will strengthen Avago's fiber optics portfolio and accelerate our ability to capture next generation 40G and 100G enterprise and data center sockets," stated Hock Tan, President and CEO of Avago. "With CyOptics, we also see interesting revenue growth opportunities in delivering a broad range of proprietary components to the market."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV