US Stock Futures Mixed Ahead Of Weekly Jobs Report
NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ Stock futures were mixed Thursday as U.S. retailers posted March sales, and the government released jobs data.
Dow Jones industrial futures rose 17 points to 14,750. The broader S&P futures added 1.5 points to 1,584.20. Nasdaq futures fell 4.75 points to 2,848.50.
Same-store sales at Costco rose 4 percent last month, less than Wall Street had expected. The wholesale club cited volatile gasoline prices and foreign exchange rates.
Investors shook off the miss and Costco shares rose in premarket trading.Jobs data posted by the Labor Department eased concerns about the weak March jobs report released Friday. The number of Americans seeking U.S. unemployment benefits fell sharply last week to a seasonally adjusted 346,000. After the government said last week that businesses added only 88,000 jobs in March after averaging 220,000 the previous four months, the new figures suggest that a recovery is still underway.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV