WEST PALM BEACH, Fla., April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Pratt & Whitney has received a contract from the Republic of Singapore for the purchase of seven advanced F100-PW-229 EEP engines to power the Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) fleet of Lockheed Martin F-16 fighters. Under the terms of this purchase, the RSAF will receive deliveries in 2013 and 2014. Pratt & Whitney is a United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX) company.
"Pratt & Whitney has been partnering with the Republic of Singapore Air Force for many years, providing dependable and affordable engines," said Howie Chandler, vice president, Military Business Development and Aftermarket Services for Pratt & Whitney. "We are pleased to be able to continue to support and look forward to continuing this great relationship."
Pratt & Whitney's F100-PW-229 engine has the best safety record of any increased-performance engine. The Engine Enhancement Package (EEP) for the F100-PW-229 engine is the latest evolution of the F100 family of fighter aircraft engines. The EEP makes this extraordinary propulsion system even better by extending the depot service interval up to 40 percent, taking the average service life between overhauls from seven years to more than 10 years on average. The F100-PW-229 EEP is designed to extend the periodic engine inspection requirement from 4,300 to 6,000 cycles, eliminating one out of every three overhaul cycles.
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, small turbojet propulsion products and industrial gas turbines. United Technologies, based in Hartford, Conn., is a diversified company providing high technology products and services to the global aerospace and building industries.Matthew C. Bates Pratt & Whitney Military Engines 860-557-3595Mobile: 860-371-9857 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Pratt & Whitney
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV