WEST PALM BEACH, Fla., April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The U.S. Air Force has awarded a materials management program foreign military sales contract to Pratt & Whitney to support the F100-PW-220 engines powering the Royal Thai Air Force fleet of Lockheed Martin F-16 fighters. Under the terms of this MMP contract, Pratt & Whitney will provide key support to the F100 engines in the intermediate engine shops and at the depot level. This parts and repair services program will cover specific engine modules for a period of one year. Pratt & Whitney is a United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX) company.
"Pratt & Whitney is proud of our decades long partnership with the Royal Thai Air Force, providing dependable engines and affordable readiness," said Howie Chandler, vice president, Military Business Development and Aftermarket Services for Pratt & Whitney. "We look forward to expanding our level of support to the Royal Thai Air Force's F-16 fleet."
Pratt & Whitney's F100 engine, powering F-15 and F-16 aircraft worldwide, is one of the most successful fighter engines in history. The combat proven engine has more than 24 million engine flying hours of experience. More than 23 air forces around the world have chosen the F100 for safe, reliable power. Pratt & Whitney has built more than 7,200 F100 engines for customers around the globe.
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, small turbojet propulsion products and industrial gas turbines. United Technologies, based in Hartford, Conn., is a diversified company providing high technology products and services to the global aerospace and building industries.Matthew C. Bates Pratt & Whitney Military Engines 860-557-3595Mobile: 860-371-9857 email@example.com SOURCE Pratt & Whitney
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV