FORT WORTH, Texas, April 11, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tandy Leather Factory, Inc. (Nasdaq:TLF) reported today that sales for the month of March were $6.7 million, up 9% compared to March 2012 sales of $6.2 million. Year to date sales are up 7% to $19.3 million in the current year from $18.0 million last year.
Retail Leathercraft's sales rose 14% to $4.1 million compared to March 2012 sales of $3.6 million. The 77 comparable stores' sales were up 13% compared to the same period last year. The one store opened after March 2012 added March sales of $42,000. Year-to-date sales for Retail Leathercraft are $11.6 million this year, a 14% increase over sales of $10.2 million for the same period of 2012. As of the end of March, the 77 comparable stores' sales were up 13% compared to sales reported for the same period in 2012.
Wholesale Leathercraft posted sales of $2.4 million for March, up 1% compared to March 2012 sales of $2.3 million. Within the Wholesale Leathercraft division, the wholesale same store sales matched that of March 2012 sales while the National Account group's sales were up 17% from March 2012. For the year to date, Wholesale Leathercraft sales are $6.8 million compared to $7.1 million in 2012, down 5%. As of the end of March, the wholesale same store sales were up 3% compared to the same period last year and the National Account group's sales are down 65%.International Leathercraft reported March sales of $290,000, up 20% compared to March 2012 sales of $241,000. For the year to date, International Leathercraft sales were $953,000 compared to $735,000 in 2012, up 30%. All three stores in the segment have been opened for both periods, so same store sales for the month and year to date were the same as the segment's sales.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV