NEW YORK, April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Fixed mortgage rates fell after a disappointing jobs report, with the benchmark 30-year fixed mortgage rate retreating to 3.64 percent, according to Bankrate.com's weekly national survey. The average 30-year fixed mortgage has an average of 0.35 discount and origination points.
To see mortgage rates in your area, go to http://www.bankrate.com/funnel/mortgages/.
The average 15-year fixed mortgage rate pulled back to 2.89 percent, while the larger jumbo 30-year fixed mortgage is at the lowest point of the year, 4.03 percent. Adjustable rate mortgages were lower across the board, albeit more modestly. The 5-year ARM and 7-year ARM are at the lowest levels in the past month, at 2.7 percent and 2.9 percent, respectively.Mortgage rates have now fallen four consecutive weeks. The pullback started with the banking crisis in Cyprus, continued with a run of uninspiring U.S. economic data, and picked up speed with the weak jobs report. But as the sting of the lousy jobs report slowly wears off, we'll likely see mortgage rates crawling back over the coming week. The last time mortgage rates were above 5 percent was Apr. 2011. At the time, the average 30-year fixed rate was 5.07 percent, meaning a $200,000 loan would have carried a monthly payment of $1,082.22. With the average rate currently at 3.64 percent, the monthly payment for the same size loan would be $913.79, a difference of $168 per month for anyone refinancing now. SURVEY RESULTS 30-year fixed: 3.64% -- down from 3.73% last week (avg. points: 0.35)15-year fixed: 2.89% -- down from 2.95% last week (avg. points: 0.23)5/1 ARM: 2.70% -- down from 2.72% last week (avg. points: 0.24)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV