NEW YORK -- JPMorgan Chase (JPM) is expected by Wall Street on Friday to post first-quarter earnings of $1.38 a share on revenue of $25.97 billion.
The bank reported earnings of $1.31 a share a year earlier.
JPMorgan, the biggest bank by assets, has beaten analysts' earnings expectations 11 times in the last 12 quarters.
Wells Fargo (WFC), which is No. 4 in assets, is expected by analysts on Friday to report first-quarter profit of 88 cents a share. The bank earned 75 cents a share in the year-earlier quarter. Profits have risen the last three quarters at Wells Fargo, including a gain of 24% in the fourth quarter. The Long-Term Case for Wells Fargo and U.S. Bancorp
J.C. Penney (JCP) has hired bankers at Blackstone Group (BX) for advice on how the struggling department-store chain can raise $1 billion in cash, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter. One option could be to sell a minority stake in Penney, and the company has reached out to and heard from possible investors including private-equity firms, the people told the newspaper. The latest news follows the retailer's move on Monday to oust CEO Ron Johnson after 17 months on the job. J.C. Penney: A National Disgrace ,
LinkedIn (LNKD) agreed to pay about $90 million to acquire Pulse, which makes an e-reader platform used on mobile devices. The deal is expected to close in the second quarter. Pulse's e-reader applications are used by more than 30 million people worldwide.
Yahoo! (YHOO) is expected soon to hire a new chief of Americas division from AOL (AOL), a person familiar with the matter told the Journal. Ned Brody, who was the top advertising-sales executive at AOL, has resigned from the post to pursue "other opportunities," AOL said Thursday in a regulatory filing.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV