T-Mobile USA Sweetens Bid For US Carrier MetroPCS
BERLIN (AP) â¿¿ Deutsche Telekom AG, the parent company of T-Mobile USA, is raising its bid for MetroPCS Communications Inc. in what it calls its "best and final offer."
The announcement late Wednesday comes ahead of a special shareholder meeting being held by Dallas-based MetroPCS Friday.
The deal would merge the fourth- and fifth-largest cellphone carriers in the U.S.
Telekom says the original offer had T-Mobile USA contributing $15 billion in shareholder loans to the combined company. The new offer reduces those loans to $11.2 billion, "significantly increasing the equity value of the combined company."Telekom says it will also reduce the interest rate on those loans by 50 basis points. The ownership structure remains unchanged, with 26 percent of shares being held by current MetroPCS shareholders and 74 percent by Deutsche Telekom.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV