Statement By U.S. Conference Of Mayors President Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter On President Obama's FY 2014 Budget
"We will continue to work with the Administration, in addition to House and Senate members, on both sides of the aisle who are standing with us to create jobs, fund projects and improve our communities.
"Mayors are keenly aware of the current fiscal climate and that this $3.8 trillion dollar budget is only one of many proposals, from Democrats and Republicans, that we will examine and debate.
"Some of the budget ideas being proposed by members of Congress would likely be even more harmful to our cities than some of the provisions in the President's budget. We will be vigilant in expressing our opposition to budget ideas that are not in the best interests of our cities. We are committed to working to advance initiatives that help cities to move forward and sustain the economic recovery that has already begun."
The U.S. Conference of Mayors is the official nonpartisan organization of cities with populations of 30,000 or more. There are 1,295 such cities in the country today, and each city is represented in the Conference by its chief elected official, the mayor. Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/usmayors, or follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/usmayors.SOURCE The U.S. Conference of Mayors
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV