Feeding America Responds To President's Budget Request
"The charitable donation deduction is unique, in that it encourages giving that strengthens communities. With non-profits continuing to experience high demand for their services, our elected officials should support policies that encourage all Americans to give more to charity.
"The proposed budget affects federal hunger-relief programs and policies as follows:
- Delays a cut in Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly food stamps) benefits from November 1, 2013 to April 1, 2014, protecting vulnerable SNAP families from benefit reductions for five months.
- Fully funds the purchase of nutritious commodities for The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP), which provides about 20 percent of the food Feeding America food banks distribute, and ensures funding for storage and distribution of TEFAP commodities.
- Funds the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children at levels to maintain caseload of about 8.9 million low-income women, infants, and children."
Contact: Ross Fraser 312.641.6422
SOURCE Feeding America
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts