SMITHFIELD, Va., April 10, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The FTSE Group, an award-winning global index company, has again named Smithfield Foods, Inc. (NYSE:SFD) to its prestigious FTSE4Good Index Series for companies demonstrating globally recognized corporate responsibility standards.
To qualify for the FTSE4Good Index Series, eligible companies must meet globally recognized corporate responsibility standards, including stringent environmental, social and governance criteria, and are therefore positioned to capitalize on the benefits of responsible business practices.
"We are proud to continue to be a member of the FTSE4GoodIndex which speaks to the hard work our employees dedicate to producing Good food. Responsibly. We will continue to invest in and grow our sustainability programs," said Dennis H. Treacy, Smithfield's executive vice president and chief sustainability officer."FTSE Group confirms that Smithfield Foods has been independently assessed according to the FTSE4Good criteria, and has satisfied the requirements to become a constituent of the FTSE4Good Index Series," the organization said. About Smithfield Foods Smithfield Foods is a $13 billion global food company and the world's largest pork processor and hog producer. In the United States, the company is also the leader in numerous packaged meats categories with popular brands including Smithfield ®, Eckrich ®, Farmland ®, Armour ®, Cook's ®, Gwaltney ®, John Morrell ®, Kretschmar ®, Curly's ®, Carando ®, Margherita ®, and Healthy Ones ®. Smithfield Foods is committed to providing good food in a responsible way and maintains robust animal care, community involvement, employee safety, environmental, and food safety and quality programs. For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com and www.smithfieldcommitments.com .
CONTACT: Keira Lombardo Smithfield Foods, Inc. (757) 365-3050 firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV