2013 UNCA Awards Wednesday, December 18th
NEW YORK, April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The United Nations Correspondents Association (UNCA) invites media worldwide to submit entries for its 18 th Annual UNCA Awards Dinner and Dance for the best written and electronic media coverage of the United Nations, its agencies and field operations.
The prizes amount to over $50,000 with $10,000 each for the main categories.
United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon will present the prizes at the Awards Gala dinner on Wednesday, December 18 th 2013 at Cipriani 42 nd Street in New York.
There are no entry fees of any kind for submissions.Deadline for submissions is September 15, 2013. The awards are open to all journalists anywhere in the world. The Awards are: 1. The Elizabeth Neuffer Memorial Prize , sponsored by the Alexander Bodini Foundation, for written media (including online media) coverage of the U.N. and its agencies and their work. Elizabeth Neuffer, The Boston Globe bureau chief at the United Nations, died while on assignment in Baghdad in 2003. 2. The Ricardo Ortega Memorial Prize for broadcast journalism coverage of the UN, and its agencies. Ricardo Ortega, formerly the New York correspondent for Antena 3 TV of Spain, was one of the leading Spanish journalists of his generation who was shot dead on mission, in Haiti in 2004. 3. The Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation/UNCA Global Prize for coverage of climate change. The foundation promotes sustainable and equitable management of natural resources and places the individual at the center of its projects. It encourages the implementation of innovative and ethical solutions in three main categories: climate change, biodiversity, and water.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV