Automated Translation Leads Language Technology Trends
WASHINGTON, April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Advancements in automated translation technology are increasing global demand for professional language services in 2013, the head of the world's leading language association said today.
Hans Fenstermacher, CEO of the Globalization and Localization Association (GALA), said automated machine translation, whereby computers translate content from one language to another without human intervention, are now becoming a mainstream tool for communication.
"Machine translation is approaching accuracy rates in the neighborhood of 80 percent today," Fenstermacher said. "By combining automated translation with the skills of trained professionals, it's now possible to increase the amount of multilingual communication dramatically—without sacrificing quality. The benefits for the language industry and the world's populations as a whole are staggering."
GALA cites three other technology trends that are driving demand for expanded language services:
- Multimedia technologies will push the communication enterprise in areas like speech-to-speech translation, multilingual audio and video.
- Multilingual search will allow people to find anything they want in any language they want, no matter what language it was created in.
- Language technologies will continue to embrace less widely spoken languages, such as those in Asia and Africa, fueling demand for collaborative localization and managed workflows in multiple directions simultaneously.
About GALA The Globalization and Localization Association (GALA) is the worldwide voice for the language industry and a resource for the language business. The association supports its members and the language industry by creating communities, championing standards, sharing knowledge, and advancing technology. GALA is the world's largest localization trade association with around 360 members. More information: www.gala-global.org. SOURCE GALA
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV