Jaguar Returns For Fourth Year As Official Vehicle Partner Of BritWeek
MAHWAH, N.J., April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Jaguar, the renowned British luxury automotive brand, is pleased to announce its role for the fourth consecutive year as the official vehicle partner of BritWeek, a program of events celebrating the creative fusion between the United Kingdom and California. Every spring BritWeek hosts a program of events that promotes British creativity, innovation and excellence in California across multiple categories including, film and television, art, design, philanthropy, business, and more. The events take place throughout Los Angeles, Orange County and San Francisco.
"Jaguar is beloved in Los Angeles and we are thrilled to again be partnering with BritWeek; supporting their mission to create greater awareness of the many ways in which Britain and California successfully work together," said Andy Goss, President, Jaguar Land Rover, North America. "We are excited to be previewing the all new F-TYPE to this esteemed audience before it goes on sale this summer."
Jaguar will have a key presence at several key BritWeek events throughout the two-week program starting on Tuesday, April 23, as BritWeek kicks off the celebration with the annual Red Carpet Launch Gala at the Residence of the British Consul General.On Wednesday, April 24, Ian Callum, Design Director for Jaguar, will serve as a judge at the Business Innovation Awards banquet which recognizes contributions in the fields of technology, service, design, philanthropy, and communications. Then, on Friday, April 26, Callum will be honored with the prestigious BritWeek Design Icon Award which honors an individual for their significant contributions to British design. The event, held at the Christopher Guy showroom in West Hollywood and in collaboration with Architectural Digest, celebrates British design across interiors, fashion and architecture, among others. Additional events will include the Urban Art Auction on April 29 featuring works by internationally acclaimed street and graffiti artists. Jaguar will be providing graffiti designed Jaguar aluminum hoods from last year's BritWeek Art Battle to be auctioned. "BritWeek celebrates great British creativity - art, design, technology and entertainment," said BritWeek Chairman Bob Peirce. "Jaguar encompasses all of this, and is our perfect partner. We are proud to be honoring Ian Callum as our BritWeek Design Icon - here in one of Jaguars leading markets, which he is doing so much to enrich." The F-TYPE is the first two-seater sports car from Jaguar since the iconic E-Type was launched over 50 years ago. With front-engine, lightweight aluminum architecture and rear-wheel drive, the F-TYPE is engineered to be a true high-performance sports car; reaching 0-to-60 in 4.2 seconds * and has a top track speed of 186 mph * **. Three models will be available – The F-TYPE, F-TYPE S and the F-TYPE V8 S. All engines drive through an eight-speed 'Quickshift' automatic transmission and steering wheel-mounted paddles for full manual control. The F-TYPE introduces a new sports car design language for Jaguar, with bold, clean lines accented by the discreet use of technology, including a deployable rear spoiler and hidden door handles. The Jaguar F-TYPE has a starting MSRP of $69,000 *** and will be in US showrooms this May. The F-TYPE joins Jaguar's dramatically transformed full model lineup which includes:
- The Jaguar XJ luxury sedan, powered by either the supercharged 340hp 3-liter V6 in rear wheel or all-wheel drive configuration, naturally-aspirated 385hp 5-liter V8, the 470hp supercharged 5-liter V8, or the 510hp supercharged 5-liter V8
- The Jaguar XF sports sedan powered by the 240hp 2-liter turbocharged four cylinder, supercharged 340hp 3-liter V6 in rear wheel or all-wheel drive configuration, the naturally aspirated 385hp 5-liter V8, the 470hp supercharged 5-liter V8, or with the XFR, the 510hp supercharged 5-liter V8 powertrains
- The Jaguar XK Coupe and Convertible sports cars powered by either the naturally-aspirated 385hp V8, or for the XKR, the 510hp supercharged 5-liter V8 powertrains, or the Jaguar XKR-S Coupe and Convertible with a 550hp supercharged 5-liter V8 powertrain
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV