TORONTO, April 10, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Silver Dragon Resources Inc. (OTC:SDRG) (the "Company") is pleased to announce the appointment of Haijun Tang to the company's Board of Directors. Mr. Tang is currently the head of The Exploration Unit of North China Geological Exploration Bureau, a.k.a. Huaguan Industrial Corp. (HIC), a Chinese state-owned entity that operates in many diversified fields such as mining, engineering, manufacturing, chemical analysis and real estate. Before being appointed head of HIC, Mr. Tang served with Tianjin North China Geological Exploration Bureau, the parent of HIC, for six years, taking various posts such as director of the general office and director of the asset management department. Previously, Mr. Tang worked at HIC for over 10 years, as an administrative staff member at various departments. Mr. Tang graduated from Changsha Industrial Advanced Technical School, majoring in the Chinese language. He also holds the title of senior economist.
Mr. Tang replaces Mr. Guoqiang Hao as Head of HIC. Mr. Hao subsequently resigned from the Board of Silver Dragon thereby creating a vacancy and recommending Mr. Tang to be appointed, as the new head of HIC, to the Board of Silver Dragon. The Board of Silver Dragon deemed it advisable and in the best interests of the Company and its stockholders to appoint Mr. Haijun to fill the current vacancy on the Board and replace Director Hao.
Mr. Tang will also be appointed a member of the Board of the Directors of Sanhe Sino-Top Resources & Technologies Ltd. (Sino-Top), a joint venture between Silver Dragon, Gansu Shengda Ltd., and HIC at a meeting of the Sino-Top Board, scheduled later this month in Beijing.The company would like to thank Mr. Guoqiang Hao for his continued support and wish him success in his future endeavours. Following this appointment, Silver Dragon's Board of Directors is made up of five directors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV