Senior Media Analyst Ron Insana To Moderate The Food Dialogues(SM): Chicago At BIO International Convention On April 22
CHESTERFIELD, Mo., April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, the U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance® (USFRA®) announced its line-up for The Food Dialogues: Chicago panel taking place at the 2013 BIO International Convention on April 22. This program entitled, "The Straight Story on Biotech in Agriculture: The Media and its Impact on Consumers" will feature a panel of experts from multiple disciplines, including farmers, media, industry and academia, who will answer some of the toughest questions surrounding GMOs. Panelists will also discuss what more can be done by all sides – including those who are not in favor of this technology – to give consumers access to information that matters.
The panel on April 22 is the first in a two-part series taking place in Chicago and will begin at 1:45 p.m. CDT and will stream live online at www.fooddialogues.com. The discussion will be moderated by Ron Insana, senior analyst, CNBC and financial industry expert and will feature the following panelists:
- Emily Anthes, journalist and author, Frankenstein's Cat
- Dr. Bob Goldberg, plant molecular biologist currently using genomics to identify all of the genes required to "make a seed," UCLA
- Melinda Hemmelgarn, M.S., R.D., freelance writer, speaker, columnist and radio host, Food Sleuth
- Pam Johnson, Iowa corn farmer
- Michael Olson, Producer/Host, Food Chain Radio
- Jerry Slocum, Mississippi soybean farmer
- Steve Smith, Chairman, SaveOurCrops.Org
During the event, the panelists will explore the many questions consumers have about biotechnology in agriculture – known more commonly to consumers as GMO. In particular, they will discuss what additional information consumers need access to as interest in this topic continues to grow. Those interested in attending The Food Dialogues: Chicago at the BIO International Convention must pre-register by visiting www.fooddialogues.com. Information about The Food Dialogues: Chicago at Kendall College taking place on June 19 is also available on this site.
About The Food DialoguesThe Food Dialogues signature events are designed to bring together farmers, ranchers, industry experts, pundits, media and consumers together for dynamic panel discussions on some of today's most pressing topics related to food and food production. To watch content from past events, visit www.fooddialogues.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV