White House Projecting Slow Economic Gains Ahead
WASHINGTON (AP) â¿¿ President Barack Obama's new budget depicts a still-fragile economy continuing its slow but steady recovery from the deep 2007-2009 recession. The White House forecast does not foresee U.S. unemployment falling to pre-recessionary levels below 6 percent until after Obama leaves office.
The forecast sees the jobless rate, now 7.7 percent, stabilizing at 5.4 percent by 2018.
One bright spot in the projections: tame levels of inflation at just over 2 percent for all of the next decade.
The White House's economic assumptions and forecasts â¿¿ contained in the president's budget blueprint for the fiscal year that begins next Oct. 1 â¿¿ are slightly more optimistic in some areas such as short-term economic growth. Otherwise, they generally are in line with recent Congressional Budget Office and private-sector Blue Chip projections.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV