Traders should now look for long-biased trades in GHL as long as it's trending above today's low of $51.06, and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 266,107 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then GHL will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $56 to its 50-day moving average at $57.33.
SM Energy (SM)is an independent energy company engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development and production of oil, gas and NGLs in onshore North America. This stock is trading up 4.5% to $61.62 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.37 millionAverage Volume: 937,227 Volume % Change: 123% From a technical perspective, SM is ripping higher here right above its 50-day moving average of $58.39 with above-average volume. This move has started to push shares of SM into breakout territory, since the stock has moved above some near-term overhead resistance at $60.31. This move is quickly pushing shares of SM within range of triggering another major breakout trade. That trade will hit if SM manages to take out some near-term overhead resistance at $62.26 with high volume. At last check, SM has hit an intraday high of $62.48 with strong volume, so the stock is already starting to flirt with that breakout. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in SM as long as it's trending above near-term support at $60 or above that first breakout level at $60.31 and then once it sustains a move or close above $62.26 to $62.48 with volume that hits near or above 937,227 shares. If that breakout hits soon, then SM will set up to re-test or possibly take out its 52-week high at $68.77. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV