Property Brothers Drew And Jonathan Scott Named World Vision Anti-Child Labour Ambassadors
TORONTO, April 10, 2013 /CNW/ - W Network's Property Brothers Drew and Jonathan Scott have been named World Vision's Global ambassadors to raise awareness about the horrific problem of the worst forms of child labour and trafficking.
Drew and twin brother, Jonathan, will be heading to India on April 10 to see first-hand the many challenges faced by children living and working on the streets of Delhi. Joined by their brother JD, they will meet with children who are part of World Vision's "Rights on the Streets" project that provides educational, nutritional and vocational training for approximately 5,000 street children.
"We have always been passionate about giving youth a chance to live the life they deserve," explains Drew Scott. "Our opportunity to engage with some amazing children in India is another leg of our long journey to raise awareness on the conditions that many kids face worldwide. It's about giving a voice to those in need. We can all make a difference."
World Vision is working to highlight the problem of children working in 3D jobs - dirty, dangerous and degrading jobs, and is asking Canadians to take action by joining a movement of concerned Canadians and being more ethical consumers."Extreme poverty is a reality for millions of children in India who end up working as child laborers for less than 50 cents a day," says Dave Toycen, president of World Vision Canada. "The work is damaging to their bodies, their minds and their wellbeing, and we're asking Canadians to help change this reality." The International Labor Organization estimates 115 million child laborers worldwide do hazardous (3D) work. More than 60 per cent of children in 3D jobs are boys, in the 12-17 age group.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV