Proto Labs (PRLB) is a manufacturer of custom parts for prototyping and short-run production. This stock is trading up 7.8% at $50.83 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 608,000
Average Volume: 446,936Volume % Change: 167% From a technical perspective, PRLB is soaring here right above its 50-day moving average of $46.05 with above-average volume. This big spike has started to push shares of PRLB into breakout territory, since the stock has taken out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $49 to $49.60. At last check, PRLB has hit an intraday high of $51.23 and volume is well above its three-month average action of 446,936 shares. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in PRLB as long as it's trending above $49 to $49.60, and then once it sustains a move or close above today's high of $51.23 with volume that hits near or above 446,936 shares. If we get that move soon, then PRLB will set up to re-test or possibly take out its 52-week high and all-time high at $53.91. Any high-volume move above $53.91 will then give PRLB a chance to hit $55 or higher in the near future. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV