Coming on the fourth anniversary of Zillow's first app, Zillow announced that it would be relaunching its Real Estate app to help make the home shopping process easier.
The company, based in Seattle, is seeing tremendous success with its mobile initiatives, as 89 homes were viewed per second last month on Zillow's mobile offerings, a new record. Mobile traffic now accounts for 55% of all Zillow's traffic, with it going as high as 60% on the weekends, Zillow noted on its blog.
Included in the new app are improvements to the home screen that allows users to see all of Zillow's inventory and personalized tools with one tap. The company also integrated Zillow Mortgage Marketplace and calculators to shop and compare mortgages straight from the app."We are constantly striving to innovate and improve our products by incorporating intuitive features and providing people with information about homes-- and home financing -- whenever and wherever they need it," CEO Spencer Rascoff wrote in the blog post. "With this overhaul to our core real estate apps, we've made it easier for shoppers to do just that." Zillow is set to report quarterly results after the closing bell on May 2. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters are looking for a loss of 3 cents share on $37.39 million in revenue. Shares of Zillow were higher in Wednesday trading, up 0.37% to $54.34. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV