A beneficial owner just bought 40,000 shares, or about $2.26 million worth of stock, at $56.60 per share.
From a technical perspective, SPB is currently trending above both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, which is bullish. This stock has been uptrending strong for the last four months, with shares soaring higher from its low of $42 to its recent high of $58.28 a share. During that uptrend, shares of SPB have been mostly making higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish technical price action. That move has now pushed shares of SPB within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade.
If you're bullish on SPB, then look for long-biased trades as long as it's trending above some key near-term support at $56.34 or above its 50-day at $54.49, and then once it triggers a break out above some near-term overhead resistance at $58.28 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above that level with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 224,897 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then SPB will set up to enter new 52-week high territory, which is bullish technical price action. Some possible upside targets off that breakout are $63 to $65 a share.
To see more stocks with notable insider buying, check out the Stocks With Big Insider Buying portfolio on Stockpickr.-- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV