4. As of noon trading, Westlake Chemical Corporation ( WLK) is down $0.72 (-0.8%) to $86.04 on light volume Thus far, 178,513 shares of Westlake Chemical Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 491,200 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $85.40-$87.21 after having opened the day at $87.21 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $86.76. Westlake Chemical Corporation manufactures and markets basic chemicals, vinyls, polymers, and fabricated building products. It operates in two segments, Olefins and Vinyls. Westlake Chemical Corporation has a market cap of $5.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.9, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 9.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Westlake Chemical Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Westlake Chemical Corporation Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts