4. As of noon trading, Sigma-Aldrich Corporation ( SIAL) is up $1.06 (1.40) to $76.71 on average volume Thus far, 298,815 shares of Sigma-Aldrich Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 608,800 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $75.32-$76.72 after having opened the day at $75.56 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $75.65. Sigma-Aldrich Corporation, a life science and high technology company, develops, manufactures, purchases, and distributes various chemicals, biochemicals, and equipment worldwide. Sigma-Aldrich Corporation has a market cap of $9.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.1, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 2.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Sigma-Aldrich Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full Sigma-Aldrich Corporation Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts