One Show Entertainment 2013 Announces Panel Of Entertainment And Advertising Jury Members
NEW YORK, April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The One Club announced today the judges for the 2013 One Show Entertainment Awards, which are dedicated to recognizing the intersection of brands and entertainment. Twenty-five of entertainment and advertising industries' most esteemed professionals from across the country have been selected to judge the 6th annual awards show.
Serving as a One Show Entertainment judge is an enormous distinction in one's career, as is winning the coveted One Show Entertainment Gold, Silver and Bronze Pencils, which is considered the ultimate achievement in branded entertainment and marketing. Final judging will take place at the end of May in Santa Monica. The deadline for submission is April 15th.
"If you see the Catholic Church or the Medici family as brands, then the Sistine Chapel is branded entertainment," said Damian Kulash, frontman for rock band and viral video pioneers OK Go, and jury chair for One Show Entertainment. "If you see EMI as a brand, then Sgt. Peppers and Anarchy In The UK were, too. Our band has worked both in the old-fashioned music industry, where there's a brand standing between us and our audience, and in the emerging industry, where brands are our partners in getting our art out into the world. For us, the newer model has offered way more creative freedom and opportunity, and working with brands like Chevy, Google, Samsung, and Range Rover, we've made some of our best work. While the traditional entertainment industries are imploding around us, there's great work being made at this intersection of art and commerce, and I'm excited to see this year's One Show Entertainment entries. Hopefully there's a Sistine Chapel or Sgt. Peppers in there."
"One Show Entertainment is a reflection of the changing media landscape," said Michael Nadeau, Managing Director of The One Club West Coast. "Just a decade ago, the boundaries between entertainment and advertising were defined, but today they're completely blurred. Consumers are no longer passive. They're savvy and engaged, and want something in return for the attention they give. More and more, we're seeing that overlap between advertising and entertainment content, which is a response to that informed consumer, of both product and content."The complete list of the One Show Entertainment 2013 judges is as follows:
- Jury Chair ~ Damian Kulash, OK Go
- Ryan Lehr, Deutsch
- John Wooden, Team Coco
- Bo Hellberg, DDB
- Calle Sjoenell, Ogilvy & Mather, NY
- Charles Melcher, Future of Storytelling
- Chris Adams, Saatchi & Saatchi LA
- David Angelo, David and Goliath
- Fredrick Carlstrom, Carlstrom and Co.
- Mary Fagot, Blip Boutique
- Nick Gaul, BBDO
- Rich Frankel, Spotify USA
- Rupert Samuel, Goodness MFG
- Steven Amato, Omelet
- Mary Goss Rubino, Sony Pictures
- Eli Holzman, All 3 Media
- John Jay, Wieden + Kennedy
- Donna Lamar, Amusement Park Entertainment
- Jessica Reznick, Creative Artist Agency
- Michael Ventura, Sub Rosa
- Mike Wiese, JWT New York
- Court Crandall, WDCW
- Rob Donnell, Brand Arc
- Tom Eslinger, Saatchi & Saatchi NYC
- Eric Grunbaum, TBWA\Media Arts Lab
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts