Smart911 Announces New "Faces" To Represent The National Public Safety Service
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Smart911, today revealed the winners of its "Be the Face of Smart911" online photo contest. Hundreds of submissions from across the country were received, each with a photo and an accompanying reason why the individual created their Smart911 Safety Profile. From helping family members with medical conditions to protecting pets to simply having peace of mind in case of an emergency, those that submitted entries demonstrated a unified concern for not only their own safety, but the protection of their loved ones. The entries were narrowed down to 20 finalists for a public, online vote to determine the four winners. Smart911 allows citizens to create a Safety Profile at www.smart911.com with information about their household they want 9-1-1 to have during an emergency call; details a dispatcher can quickly send to responders in the field for fast, more effective service.
The winners of "Be the Face of Smart911" are now featured in rotation on the www.smart911.com homepage with a statement of why they created their Safety Profile. Each winner also receives prizes and a donation to a charity of their choice. The 20 finalist entries can be viewed at www.smart911.com/photocontest.php.
The four winners include:
- Dana from Madison, Tenn., who selected the Muscular Dystrophy Association as her charity of choice. She stated that she created a Safety Profile because: "I have 5 children 1 is on a home ventilator & has O2 in his room. It's important to have vital medical history/information on record for responders."
- Amanda from Milton, Ga., selected All About Developmental Disabilities for her donation. Amanda created her Safety Profile because: "My dog Blaze is part of my family. She can't call me if there is an emergency and she can't reach the doorknob to let herself out. She needs saving!"
- Rick from Bartlett, Ill., will have a donation sent to the American Red Cross. He created a Safety Profile "to help with a faster emergency response time, if needed, for my twin girls and family."
- Claire from Hermosa Beach, Calif. chose the National Aphasia Society to receive her donation Claire describes her reason as: "One month ago today, my brother had a massive heart attack. A stroke left him with Aphasia. We lost him, this service might have saved him."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV