LAS VEGAS, April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) today announced that Gregory "Greg" Spierkel has accepted an invitation to join the Company's Board of Directors. He was elected to his new post by the Board during its meeting on Tuesday.
Mr. Spierkel served for seven years as the Chief Executive Officer of Ingram Micro Inc. (NYSE:IM), a leading global technology distributor. He retired last year from the Fortune 100 Company, which distributes and markets technology products from companies including Apple and Microsoft.
"For 25 years, Greg has successfully managed complex, large-scale operations throughout the world," said Jim Murren, MGM Resorts' Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer. "He brings to the board a unique blend of leadership, expertise in technology and communications, and experience in Asia."
Mr. Spierkel led the Company's $500 million acquisition of Tech Pacific and significantly strengthened its presence in Asia. He also led the transformation of the European region into a best-in-class performer, delivering sales and operating margins at historic highs.Before joining Ingram Micro in 1997, Mr. Spierkel spent 11 years at Canada-based Mitel Corp., a multinational manufacturer of PBX, software and semiconductor products. He also worked in market research for Nortel Inc. and in sales and product development for Bell Canada. Mr. Spierkel, who is 56, serves as a board member for PACCAR Inc., a truck manufacturer and technology company. A Canadian by birth, Mr. Spierkel earned a bachelor's degree at Carleton University in Ontario, Canada, and an MBA at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. His election to the Board is subject to required approvals or waivers from gaming regulators.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV