Vector Group (NYSE: VGR) shares currently have a dividend yield of 9.90%. Vector Group Ltd., through its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes in the United States. The company operates in Tobacco and Real Estate segments. The company has a P/E ratio of 46.23. The average volume for Vector Group has been 459,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Vector Group has a market cap of $1.5 billion and is part of the tobacco industry. Shares are up 8.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Vector Group as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has had a generally disappointing performance in the past year. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Tobacco industry. The net income increased by 111.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $7.80 million to $16.49 million.
- 48.70% is the gross profit margin for VECTOR GROUP LTD which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, VGR's net profit margin of 11.07% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 52.95% to -$13.16 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, VECTOR GROUP LTD's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 67.68%.
- VECTOR GROUP LTD has improved earnings per share by 47.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, VECTOR GROUP LTD reported lower earnings of $0.30 versus $0.82 in the prior year.
- VGR has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 5.11% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
- You can view the full Vector Group Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts