5 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks
New York Mortgage (NASDAQ: NYMT) shares currently have a dividend yield of 14.60%. New York Mortgage Trust, Inc., a real estate investment trust (REIT), engages in acquiring, investing in, financing, and managing mortgage-related and financial assets in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 6.83. The average volume for New York Mortgage has been 1,242,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. New York Mortgage has a market cap of $366.4 million and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 16.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates New York Mortgage as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NYMT's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 16.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 1358.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- NEW YORK MORTGAGE TRUST INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NEW YORK MORTGAGE TRUST INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.25 versus $0.55 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 23.2% in earnings ($0.96 versus $1.25).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, NEW YORK MORTGAGE TRUST INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for NEW YORK MORTGAGE TRUST INC is rather low; currently it is at 21.40%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 18.66% trails that of the industry average.
- You can view the full New York Mortgage Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV