Advisory: Survivors Of Gun Violence And Gun Violence Prevention Advocates To Filibuster The Filibuster By Reading Names Of Americans Killed With Guns
WASHINGTON, April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today, victims and survivors of gun violence will gather with gun violence prevention advocates to participate in "Filibuster the Filibuster: They Deserve a Vote." On December 14, 2012, 20 children and 6 adults were murdered in Newtown, Connecticut. And since that tragic day, more than 3,300 additional men, women and children have been killed with guns. Until the Senate agrees to debate and vote on legislation to prevent gun violence, families of victims and survivors of gun violence will stand up to give voice to those who have been senselessly murdered since Newtown by reading the names of each person who has been killed.
Fourteen Republican Senators including the Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell have promised to stop the Senate from even debating common-sense gun legislation. More than 90 percent of Americans support universal background checks, but Republican Senators are threatening to refuse to even allow background checks to come to the floor for a vote.
Every U.S. Senator needs to know that stopping a vote on measures to prevent gun violence is not acceptable. Now is the time for action. Gun violence victims, and all Americans, deserve a vote.
- Victims and survivors of gun violence
- Gun violence prevention advocates
- Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
- Coalition To Stop Gun Violence
- Mayors Against Illegal Guns
- Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America
- Newtown Action Alliance
- Project End Gun Violence
- Protest Easy Guns
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV