Can a 12-Step Program Solve Your Unemployment Woes?
By Juliette Fairley
NEW YORK (MainStreet) --Although Kerri Gibbs is an award-winning painter who even appeared on the Late Show with David Letterman to paint portraits of Letterman and Oprah Winfrey, she joined a 12-step program known as Underearners Anonymous because she isn't getting paid what she deserves.
"There are a lot of traditional portrait artists who earn a really good living, asking two, three and even four times as much as I do," said Gibbs, whose full-body child portraits sell for $10,500 a piece. "I don't charge more, because I fear I will price [my clients] out even though my work is worth double the price."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV