Arizona Residents Will Walk To Help Solve The Cruel Mystery Of Lupus
America's largest lupus walk program takes place in Chaparral Park in Scottsdale on Saturday, April 27, 2013
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Lupus Foundation of America will host its first Walk To End Lupus Now TM event in Scottsdale, Arizona on Saturday, April 27, 2013, at Chaparral Park (check in at 8 a.m.; Walk starts at 9 a.m.). The Walk to End Lupus Now events are held in more than 60 cities across the country, making it the largest lupus walk program in the entire country. The walk events bring together community members -- people with lupus, friends, families, health care providers, celebrities and other stakeholders -- to raise money for lupus research and education programs, increase awareness of the disease, and rally public support for those who feel the brutal impact of lupus.
The City of Scottsdale, Scottsdale Mayor Jim Lane, Go Daddy and Arizona's own Ken Colburn's Data Doctors have joined forces to make the first Lupus Foundation of America Walk To End Lupus Now TM event in Scottsdale a great success. Valley DJ Rankin Shaver with AZ Music Man Entertainment will provide festivities throughout the walk. Mayor Jim Lane will speak at opening ceremonies and kick-off the walk. A special memorial wall will be in place to write the names of family and/or friends that are no longer with us because of lupus."I walk because I want to make a difference in the lives of those who suffer from this devastating and mysterious disease," said Monique Padilla who has been living with lupus since the age of 12. "I have seen first-hand just how unpredictable and cruel this disease can be and my hope is that one day there will be better treatments and a cure for lupus, which impacts the lives of millions of Americans. I hope people with join me and come out and walk to help put an end to this cruel disease."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV