Curiously, Palmer doesn't even live in a Taylor Morrison home. She says her two children in Texas live in company-built homes but she remains in a house owned prior to joining Taylor Morrison. Palmer has been with the company since 2007. It's like the CEO of Ford driving a GM. Of course, no one likes to move, but nothing says you believe in your own company more than owning the product yourself.
The stock is up on its first day of trading and most investors may not care about any of this. Nonetheless, it pays to question a company's ownership structure, the cause of numerous quality complaints, and why they view it as especially necessary to avoid paying U.S. taxes when they're making money on U.S. homeowners.
As for the company and its stock price, investor focus will rightly be on new home orders. Investors will want to ride this current housing recovery wave and Taylor Morrison is the new game in town. It's just that now investors can be informed of what's behind the curtains.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV