NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Gold prices were falling on Wednesday after the Federal Reserve's minutes from its most recent meeting revealed that "many" central bank members are open to scaling back monetary stimulus soon.
Gold for April delivery at the COMEX division of the CME was dropping $17.30 to $1,569.40 an ounce. The
The minutes of the March 19 and 20 meeting showed that many participants view the gradual strengthening in the U.S. labor market combined with an improving outlook on the sector as evidence that the central bank should reduce its purchases of mortgage-backed securities and longer-term Treasuries.
Other factors were battering the price of the yellow metal before the Fed unexpectedly released its minutes five hours early."Now I've seen four majors
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV