Trend Micro Expands Facebook Partnership Globally Providing Users Protection For Their Digital Lives
CUPERTINO, Calif., April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Trend Micro Incorporated (TYO: 4704; TSE: 4704,), a global cloud security leader, today announced an expanded strategic partnership with Facebook focused on educating and protecting users' digital lives against malicious sites and malware. Building on an initial availability to English-speaking users in 2012, Trend Micro's industry-leading security software is now being made available to Facebook users across the globe in multiple languages in an effort to increase security and confidence in the digital world. Facebook will continue to benefit from Trend Micro's Smart Protection Network™ infrastructure, which uses cloud technology, threat correlation and a global network of threat intelligence sensors to proactively stop malware and web threats, and help block malicious links from their site.
"We are thrilled to build on our continuing partnership through the expanded availability of Trend Micro software to more of our global users," said Joe Sullivan, chief security officer at Facebook. "In addition to our existing strategic incorporation of Trend Micro's Smart Protection Network into Facebook's existing database of malicious URLs, this expanded partnership will better enable us to protect the people who use our service, no matter where they are in the world."
With this expanded partnership, users who interact on Facebook in French, Spanish, Italian, German, and Brazilian Portuguese can now benefit from the same protection that was announced for English-speaking users in 2012. Trend Micro is offering Facebook PC & Mac users a free 6-month trial license of Trend Micro™ Titanium™ Internet Security for Windows & Macs (2013). Titanium™ Internet Security provides vital protection for users who want to surf the Web hassle free.
Trend Micro Internet Security for Windows & Macs (2013)
- Uses cloud technology to proactively stop threats before they reach you
- Utilizes less than half the disk space and memory of other security products
- Intuitive interface is easy to install and use
- Top rated protection scores from AV Comparatives*
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV